Caravan Park South Australia at the Gateway to Flinders Ranges
Pack up the family and load the camper for a vacation in the bush at our peaceful caravan park in South Australia. Almerta Station is a sprawling homestead at the gateway to the Flinders Range, where adults have the chance to reconnect with nature and kids get to unplug and play outdoors.
What Sets Almerta Station Apart as a South Australia Caravan Park
Almerta Station’s caravan park in South Australia is designed with campers’ needs in mind and respects your desire to be in nature with access to amenities but the peace of privacy.
- Our thirteen campsites at our South Australia Caravan Park are fully equipped for caravans and RVs, and each one is unique with gum trees and brush to vary the expansive openness of the land. Every campsite is anywhere from one to five kilometres away from the next so that you can enjoy a truly peaceful, secluded camping experience with us.
- Each campsite has a bush toilet and a fire pit. There is a toilet and shower room by the Shearing Shed to wash up when needed, and fresh drinking water is always available at the homestead. We want you to enjoy a comfortable stay on our property with the stars overhead and the earth underfoot.
- We offer a food delivery service for those who request fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat products from local businesses for you to prepare in delicious BBQs. It can be a pain to pack and store fresh foods for a camping vacation, which is why we provide the service to our guests.
Things to Do Near Our Flinders Ranges Caravan Park
You will have no shortage of things to do as we are a gateway to Flinders Ranges caravan park with many outdoor activities for adventure or leisure within easy reach.
- There are more than 200 kilometres of cycling and hiking trails you can use for exploring the outback in search of wildlife such as kangaroos, emus, birds, and breath-taking vistas. You can also drive, exploring dry creek beds and covering longer distances if you prefer.
- Take a trip to the Natural Springs and the Waterhole on our property. You won’t find another South Australia caravan park with a true billabong with fresh water year-round. You can hire nets from the office to fish for yabbies if you like.
- When you’re done yabbying and exploring, relax and enjoy a tasty BBQ in the outback in true Aussie style. You’ll be hard-pressed to find an alfresco dining experience as authentic and enjoyable as preparing a hearty meal in the heart of the Australian bush.
History of Almerta Station Caravan Park in South Australia
Almerta Station dates back to 1930 when a couple named Arthur and Doris Rowe bought the land and began a sheep farm, where they raised three children. Nearly a century later, Almerta Station has remained in the same family. In its fourth generation of the Rowe family, the station still has around 4,000 sheep grazing on the land. Shearing season is in September when visitors can watch and learn about the process. Now Almerta Station is turning to tourism with its thirteen beautiful campsites and lodging in the Shearer’s Quarters, allowing visitors to enjoy a taste of the slower pace of life out in the Australian outback with an authentic farmhouse experience surrounded by nature and peace.
If you want to reserve a Flinders Ranges caravan park for your vacation, contact us for booking details.