What Should You Know About Camping Around Adelaide?
Is it time for you to take the opportunity to disconnect from the busy world by exploring camping outside Adelaide? When every day is all about commuting from place to place, getting work done, and hustling to the next item on your schedule, burnout is almost inevitable. Add to that all the mental energy we devote to our devices and the Internet, and it’s no wonder so many of us are so stressed. Taking the opportunity to break away alone or with the whole family by camping in South Australia can give you the chance to recharge and get back in touch with what matters.
At Almerta Station in the Flinders Ranges, you’ll find one of the best places to embark upon outback adventures in Australia. An active grazing and shearing property with thousands of sheep, we’ve created unique bush campsites while also offering our shearers’ quarters to guests as well. Whether you want to sleep beneath the stars or enjoy a quiet retreat from the city, your adventure awaits here.
What Sets Almerta Station Apart Regarding Bush Camping in Australia?
How are we able to offer one of the best opportunities for bush camping in South Australia? It helps that our huge station property features a pristine natural landscape, where you can still encounter natural wildlife and see the stars with ease. There’s much more to what we offer, though, and we stand out in other ways too:
- All our campsites provide unparalleled privacy. This site is not like a busy campground where you frequently run into other guests. At Almerta Station, guests at each site enjoy seclusion and the ability to interact with the land alone.
- There are fun and inviting water features on our property, including a billabong and a natural spring that remains filled with water throughout most of the year.
- We can accommodate campers with an advanced level of experience. With prior arrangements, we do allow camping in addition to the designated sites for those who want a true experience out in the bush.
At Almerta Station, we dedicate ourselves to ensuring our guests have the most enjoyable time possible. Whenever you have concerns, we’re here to help.
What You Can Expect from Almerta Station’s Bush Camping in SA
Want to skip past our shearers quarters and head straight into the bush to set up your campsite and start exploring? We don’t blame you. The opportunity to discover a property near the Flinders Range, such as ours, doesn’t come around every day. Here’s what to expect from our 13 specially selected campsites in the bush:
- A well-appointed site cleared for your use. Need firewood? Purchase a few bundles from our on-site shop before you head out to your site.
- Free reign of the area. Thanks to the seclusion of each site mentioned above, you can walk, and explore all you like. Sorry, no hunting allowed.
- Highly competitive rates. At only $10 per night for adults and $5 per night for children, Almerta Station offers a cost-effective way to enjoy an authentic camping experience near Adelaide.
Tips Regarding Family Camping in Australia
At Almerta Station, we like to say that we offer a space where kids can be kids and adults can reconnect with each other and the world around them. We represent one of the finest opportunities for families from Adelaide to go camping in a safe and pleasant environment. Here are a few of our top tips for visiting our property with children:
- Consider exploring the shearer’s quarters as a better option for those traveling with small children. This comfortable and fully equipped accommodation has everything you need to enjoy your stay without unnecessary stress.
- Want to help the entire family disconnect for a while? Our bush campsites have varying levels of cellular reception, and we’re happy to place you in a location where you can enjoy being “off the grid” for a while.
- Don’t forget to explore all the options you have for local activities. See what Almerta has to offer, from breathtaking bushwalks to exciting opportunities to see animals in their natural habitats.
Prepare for Your Visit to Almerta Station
Whether you’re coming with your family or you’d prefer to go solo, making the right preparations in advance is the key to making the most of your journey. What are some of the key things you should do to prepare before you set out to make your way here?
- Book in advance to secure your spot. When the weather becomes more pleasant, camping’s popularity shoots up immediately — so don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore Almerta at your own pace. We make the booking process fast and easy so you can move on to planning the rest of your journey sooner.
- Consider what you will do about provisions. We can offer order forms for access to both local vegetables and meat for a nominal fee. Your order will be ready for you to pick up upon your arrival for maximum convenience.
- Don’t forget the essentials, such as water bottles, hiking gear, and the other equipment you prefer to use while camping. Our campsites do come equipped with outdoor toilet facilities but be prepared to take care of yourself.
About Almerta Station
A family-owned property for four generations, Almerta Station continues to serve in its traditional capacities today, as we still oversee active shearing work. We’re excited to open our doors to allow visitors to experience the land as we’ve experienced it and to learn how truly spectacular outback camping in Australia can be in the right place. Discover more about what there is to do and see in the area, or contact us to unlock your gateway to the Flinders Ranges.